If you have been bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider and observe some serious infection then you should consult a doctor for treatment. If you are not sure whether you have been bitten by the Brown recluse spider or not then continue reading this article. In this article, we have provided a brief guideline of the symptoms and infections that you may observe after being bitten by a Brown recluse spider. Furthermore, we have explained it clearly What does a Brown Recluse Spider Bite Look Like and provided some pictures for your reference.
What does a Brown Recluse Spider Bite Look Like
The Brown Recluse Spider
Brown recluse spiders are famous for its poisonous bite and appearance. The brown recluse spider belongs to the Loxosceles genus. It is mostly found in central and southern United States. There are only 60 species of spiders out of 2000 who have the ability to bite the human. In this group of 60, only four spiders are dangerous for humans and the Brown Recluse spider is one of them. It is believed that bite of Brown recluse spider can cause the death of a person but there has been no verified case of death till date. The brown recluse spider is not aggressive by nature. If they are trapped or threatened then they will bite. The brown recluse spiders are nocturnal, they come out at night to hunt other insects.
What happens when a Brown recluse spiders bites
- Mostly, the bite from the brown recluse spider is painless. Initially, a person will not feel that he has been bitten by a spider.
- Pain and effect of the bite usually depend upon the bite location. Sometimes, it feels like some minor burning like a bee sting which can go unnoticed at the time of the bite.
- Symptoms of the brown recluse spider will develop after 2 – 8 hours of the bite. A bite from the brown recluse spider mostly causes a little tissue destruction.
Brown Recluse Spider Venom:
- The bite of the brown recluse spider contain enzymes which kill the skin tissues. These enzymes are known as Venom.
- Symptoms of bite totally depend on the bite location and amount of venom which will be injected into the body by the spider. On the basis of venom injected, it can result from mild skin irritation to the skin wound.
Symptoms of Bite: (Symptoms to look for)
Most of the bites heal naturally and do not result in the damage of the tissues. Sometimes, the patient can feel severe pain after 7 – 8 hours. Venom can kill the tissues around the bite due to which a blister can appear at the location of the bite. Following are the symptoms which are included in the bite of this spider:
- Severe itching
- Ill feeling with discomfort
- Reddish colored Circle around the bite due to dead tissues.
Sometimes, it can become more critical. In critical condition, these symptoms are also possible:
- Blood in urine
- Kidney failure
- Yellowing of the skin
- Whites of the eyes
If the victim is not treated quickly then the effects can expand and it can kill the deep tissues also.
How bite location look like?
- After a bite from a brown recluse spider, a blister may appear at the bite location. The size of the blister will increase as the Venom spreads more in the body. Due to this, it can convert into a wound like an open sore.
- The bite from the brown recluse spider can also cause the necrosis due to the venom. Due to necrosis, the wound will be bright red at the start but the surrounding skin can be blue or black due to the death of skin tissues in that area.
- The skin can become more hard and stiff with time. The bite can also cause the swelling on the bite location. For initial treatment, you can put ice on the bite location with some cloth. It will stop the swelling.
Is the brown recluse spider bite deadly?
In the United State of America, the brown recluse spider is considered as the most dangerous and poisonous spider in the house. As mentioned earlier that the bite from brown recluse spider can result in the destruction of body tissues. But there has been no verified case of death due to the bite of a brown recluse spider. These bites can also cause bacterial infections. In case, someone is bitten by a brown recluse spider then the person should consult with a medical specialist as soon as possible. It can also cause some other medical issues if it is not treated properly.
These are the symptoms and the wound shape which can appear due to a bite from a brown recluse spider.
This spider is poisonous and dangerous but not enough poisonous to cause a death. But it is always important to take good care of the wound because it may cause some other reactions in the body.